Sewing Vloggers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Silk and its smocked!



Ever since I have started smocking, I have wanted to bring this craft into adult clothing. This past couple of weeks one of those ideas gelled and I am happy to say I am nearly done. I have taken liberties with a Simplicity blouse pattern and am using a lovely silk crepe de chine print. I love watching the runway shows on HD and there have been so many prints shown in lively colors as well as touches of smocking. I felt duly inspired and my stash dive provided me with the perfect candidate for this project. Completion and construction pics and comments should be on board before the week is out. Tata for now! Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...