Sewing Vloggers

Friday, March 21, 2008

Retro Bag!


I have mentioned before that I really am not one to have multiple projects going on. Used to, but not anymore! I try to have one project involving handwork, as in my silk smocked blouse, and one project strictly machine work. I am in the throws of dealing with the blouse smocking and probably will be for a few more days. But I do need a new spring/summer bag. A little stash diving later and here is what I have come up with. This Butterick 4409, view E, seems to be just what Mama Sewista needs. The fabric is a darling retro heavy cotton twill that I picked up at Fabric Fix in Manchester, NH, for 3.00 a yd. It has a perfect hand for a bag and I am just so in love with this print. This was one of those impulse buys that I knew would find a project one day. I am so glad I bought it. The bag is a great fresh looking shape, different from the totes I have been making and using all winter. The pockets and straps are a lime green canvas dobbie and the lining is a tomato red silk. I will use chrome colored hardware but managed to find some copper thingies to use for the feet. Sounds weird but they will look great.
Yesterday I cut it out and did the exterior pockets and all straps. Today was the zipper/ gusset. I can't go any further till I pick up my hardware. I feel a Joann trip coming on tomorrow. Have to use that coupon for something, right? Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...